Wandwconcrete's Round Table Talk | BLM & Anti-Racism
- Creating a community that treats everyone equally with respect and dignity.
- Supporting and advocating for the Black community by using our platform and voices to educate the public on matters pertaining to racism, inequality, and injustice.
- Supporting and advocating for Indigenous rights in our communities
- Creating a diverse and inclusive brand where people of colour can work, thrive, and create.
- Providing resources for individuals from all walks of life to educate themselves on important social issues and help create a more equal, confident society.
- Donating to organizations that are actively fighting for change in our communities.
To further these goals and uphold our commitment, which you can read in full via this blog post, Wandwconcrete will be hosting a Round Table Talk on July 30 with leaders and thinkers from our community. Together, we will look for solutions and continue the conversation towards change.
"Understanding that racism is wrong isn't enough, we have to be openly anti-racist to change the world we live in. The foundations of our ethos as a business have always been rooted in doing the right thing, which is why we want to use the platform that we have been blessed with to stand up for what we believe in and push for real change towards a more equal and just world. I know this may seem like a Eutopian goal for some, but we believe that there is nothing more important than fighting for vulnerable and marginalized peoples in our community." - Abdul Ahmed, CEO, and Co-Founder of Wandwconcrete
Thursday's speaker lineup features:
Co-Founder of Fari Hara / Community Leader
Youth leader / Fashion and Entertainment Industry
Entrepreneur / Fashion Enthusiast
Graphic Designer / Studio Adam Warner
Founder of A Dose of Happiness / Entrepreneur
Chief Consultant at Upper House Agency / UPBA / Community Leader / Activist
We understand that this is a complex issue that cannot be resolved during one meeting, however, our intention behind this event is to keep the conversation going and to reflect on and share our own experiences with racism.
This post will be updated with a transcript of the conversations that take place at our round table talk after July 30.
If you have any questions or would like to collaborate on a similar Anti-Racist initiative with Wandwconcrete, please email us at [email protected]